View a printable copy of the Wireless Protection Program Guide (PDF, 145KB).
The Complete Program offers total protection against accidental damage, loss, theft and malfunction after the manufacturer’s original warranty expires. It’s a combination of both the Enhanced Program and Extended Warranty Program below.
The Enhanced Program protects against accidental damage, loss and theft.
The Extended Warranty extends your manufacturer’s warranty after your warranty expires to protect against phone malfunction.
|Outright Retail |
|$0.00 – |
|$200.00 – |
|$300.00 – |
|$450.00 – |
|$600.00 – |
Monthly Program Fee
|Deductible Per Claim||$30.00||$100.00||$145.00||$175.00||$200.00|
To be eligible for coverage immediately, enroll in the Bell MTS Wireless Protection Program when you activate your new wireless device from Bell MTS. To enroll in the Wireless Protection Program at a later date, please call 204 225-5687 or visit any Bell MTS store within 30 days of your original purchase.
Please keep in mind that normal wear and tear or cosmetic damage to your device will not be covered under any of these plans.
Look for the program charge on your monthly Bell MTS statement.
There is a one-time deductible for each approved claim. The deductible ranges from $30 – $200, based on the make and model of your device. To see your exact deductible amount, simply visit Brightstar Device Protection Program and set up your personal account.
The deductible must be paid to Brightstar Device Protection before you receive your replacement device. You are allowed a maximum of two claims in a rolling 12-month period beginning with the first date of loss.
How to file a claim
Call Bell MTS Customer Care
In the case your device was lost or stolen, complete the Lost, Stolen or Found Cell Phone or Pager Report or call 204 225-5687 to suspend your service and prevent the unauthorized use of your account. A police report may be required if a theft has occurred.
Call Brightstar Device Protection
In the case of accidental damage, loss, theft or malfunction, Brightstar will provide simple and fast help. Just call Brightstar's Device Protection Customer Care Center at (888) 324-7730 or visit Brightstar Device Protection. Claims must be reported within 60 days of the incident and proof of loss and/or ownership must be provided upon request. Only the account holder or authorized party may file a claim.
Claims may be filed 7 days a week
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. CST
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m. CST
- Sunday: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. CST
Subscriber Online Claims (SOC)
- Bell MTS subscribers can submit a claim anywhere, anytime, on any device, thanks to Brightstar’s Device Protection's new Subscriber Online Claims service.
When filing a claim, please have the following information ready:
- The wireless phone number
- The account holder's billing address
- Wireless device model and unique serial number (also called an ESN, IMEI, or MEID)
- Date, time, location and detailed description of the incident
- Police report number (if theft occurred)
Pay deductible and receive replacement device
The deductible must be paid to Brightstar Device Protection before you receive your replacement device. If your claim is approved, a replacement device will be shipped to you directly from Brightstar Device Protection. A deductible will be collected by Brightstar Device Protection based on the make and model of the device, a minimum of $30 or maximum of $200.
Visit Brightstar Device Protection to find your deductible amount. When you receive your replacement device, please visit a Bell MTS store for assistance with activating your replacement device. It is important that you keep the receipt, original box, manual and all packaging materials for warranty purposes.
Activation instructions for when you receive your replacement device
Visit your nearest Bell MTS store to activate your device
- This will ensure that your device is activated properly and is in our records for future claims or technical support, so we can serve you better.
- If your current SIM card is damaged, lost or stolen and a new SIM card did not come with your replacement device, please call Brightstar Customer Care (partners with Bell MTS for this program) at 1-888-324-7730. Please note that you will need a SIM card before you can activate your replacement device.
Return your damaged device
- Place device in the return envelope provided.
- Attach the included prepaid label.
- Drop the sealed envelope into any Canada Post mailbox.
iPhone users: Before you return your damaged device, please disable the “Find My iPhone” app or remove it from your iTunes account before shipping to avoid a fee of up to $300.
Note this important information
- Send Brightstar your damaged device within 30 days to avoid up to $300 in equipment and processing fees.
- If you paid your deductible with a credit card, please note that Brightstar will appear as the payee on your next statement.
- Your replacement device comes with a 90-day warranty provided by Brightstar. If your replacement malfunctions during this time period, please call Brightstar Customer Care at the number below..
- Please keep the replacement receipt, original box, manual and all packaging materials that came with your replacement device. In the event that you experience problems with your replacement device, you’ll need these items for a possible exchange.