Black bars on side of screen
If you watch non-HD (standard definition) programming in widescreen mode on a widescreen HDTV, black bars will appear on the sides of the program.
To remove or minimize the bars:
- Press the Right Arrow button or Enter/Zoom button on your remote control.
- Use down arrow button to highlight Aspect ratio, press OK.
- Normal displays the normal image.
- Zoom 1-3 increases the zoom.
- Stretch: expands the image to fill the screen (may cause distortion of picture).
Zoom will affect all channels that you are watching, not just the one you've changed the settings on.